[Xen-devel] question about running vm change its mem maxsize

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] question about running vm change its mem maxsize
From: tgh <tianguanhua@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 09:20:33 +0800
Delivery-date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 18:19:34 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
hi
I read the code of xc_linux_build() and xc_domain_setmaxmem(),and I am confused about how does "xm mem-max" change the max size of mem for a running VM

In xc_domain_setmaxmem() ,the XEN_DOMCTL_max_mem has been called ,and just does "d->max_pages = new_max;" while in the xc_linux_build(), before the vm boots up,the maxsize pfn is alloced in an array with fixsize, page_array = malloc(nr_pages * sizeof(unsigned long)) then how does a running vm changes its mem maxsize ,especially for expanding its mem maxsize?

I am confused about it

could you help me
Thanks in advance