RE: [Xen-devel] x86_64 build break in rombios

To: "Keir Fraser" <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] x86_64 build break in rombios
From: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 18:32:35 -0500
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 15:32:20 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> You'll have to drill into this a bit yourself I think. That changeset
does
> add a fair bit more assembly language to the rombios codebase
> (particularly
> in 32bitgateway.c) but it doesn't look particularly different from the
> existing assembly language in rombios.c. Clearly there *is* a
difference
> though -- perhaps you can narrow down which lines are causing the
problem
> and tinker with them a bit to see what's causing as86 to barf?

The offending lines are from the macro DoUpCall in 32bitgateway.c and
macro POST_MEASURE in tcgbios.c

32bitgateway.c (line 410)
MACRO DoUpcall
        mov bx, #?1 <====
        jmp Upcall
MEND

Tcgbios.c (line 182)
ACRO POST_MEASURE
        push word #0x000f
        push #?2 <====
        push word #0x000f
        push #?1 <====
        call _tcpa_measure_post
        add sp, #8
MEND

as86 does not like the #? notation even though the man pages say that it
perfectly legal.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks,
Aravindh