Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 build break in rombios

To: "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh" <aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] x86_64 build break in rombios
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:05:58 +0000
Delivery-date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 13:05:39 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 29/1/07 20:28, "Puthiyaparambil, Aravindh"
<aravindh.puthiyaparambil@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Noone else is seeing this as far as I know. Are you sure this is due
> to a
>> recent changeset rather than something about your build environment?
> If
>> the former, working out the specific bad changeset will be useful.
>
> I am getting this break from changeset 13642:480436ef6255 onwards.
> 13641: b97780b7080d builds successfully for me.

You'll have to drill into this a bit yourself I think. That changeset does
add a fair bit more assembly language to the rombios codebase (particularly
in 32bitgateway.c) but it doesn't look particularly different from the
existing assembly language in rombios.c. Clearly there *is* a difference
though -- perhaps you can narrow down which lines are causing the problem
and tinker with them a bit to see what's causing as86 to barf?

It's definitely odd: unlike gas I don't think there are that many different
versions of as86 to be causing weird differing build-environment behaviours.

 -- Keir