To: "Junko Ichino" <ichino.junko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: <Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 17, 2007 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [RFC] keymap support for PVFB

"Junko Ichino" <ichino.junko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi Markus,

I checked that the result of conversion had passed PVFB and gone out of
fbflont.
I think that the conversion by the OS side will go wrong.

If you know how it will pass from guest OS to guest OS's X,
please give me some comments.

When I input "\",  following message a display each modules

PVFB:
keycode 92(0x5C) -> scancode 115

xev:
keycode 176   keysym 0x0, NoSymbol

Let's make sure I got the facts right:

Your vncfb backend receives key symbol 92 (XK_backslash) from your VNC
viewer.

Your vncfb translates that to Linux input layer key code 115.

Is that what happens?

Key code 115 is KEY_VOLUMEUP.  That's wrong.  You want 43
(KEY_BACKSLASH) instead.  Bug in your translation table?