Re: [Xen-devel] Re: logs attached. Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdro

To: Liang Yang <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: logs attached. Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ afterbooted into xen(3.0.3)
From: Tim Post <tim.post@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 03:00:09 +0800
Cc: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Keir Fraser <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 11:00:45 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, 2006-12-01 at 11:48 -0700, Liang Yang wrote:
> I just download Xen source and do "make world;make
> install;depmod..;mkinitrd...". I don't know which config file will be used
> if I build Xen like this (maybe the config-2.6.16.29-xen under the directory
> dist/install/boot).
>
>  I did a grep with "CONFIG_BLK_DEV_PIIX" and found it it set to m in the
> config-2.6.16.29-xen. I did a modprobe piix, however my CD-ROM is still not
> fired up (nothing is show up /dev/ as either cdrom or hd*).

what does modprobe ide_cd do for you? Remember its going to show up
as /dev/hd(b)? (c)? when its loaded.

If modprobe throws an error for that, something is *really* wrong.

the lspci from the native dump shows a bunch of undetected hardware, the
lspci from Xen looks quite a bit better.

I see ide_generic, but no ide_cd ... Give it a whirl and please post
back with results.

> Liang

Best,
-Tim