RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ a

To: "Keir Fraser" <keir@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Liang Yang" <multisyncfe991@xxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Can not find the cdrom device in /dev/ after booted into xen(3.0.3)
From: "Petersson, Mats" <Mats.Petersson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 17:52:41 +0100
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 08:56:16 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'd say that the most likely scenario is that /dev/hdc isn't the device
that is your CDROM. If your hard-disk is /dev/sd<something>, then
chances are that the /dev/hda could be the CDROM drive (as, indeed, it
could be even on a machine that uses /dev/hd<something> as the "disk
device", since you could very well connect the first IDE controller to
the CDROM and the second to the DISK, or some such).

--
Mats