Re: [Xen-devel] Supported #of CPUs/VMs per CPUs

Hi,

> There is no maximum number of domains per cpu.  The maximum number of
> domains *per machine* (regardless of the # of CPUs) depends on the
> amount of resources available, mainly memory.
> I've never tried to max out the numer if idle domains in Xen, but
> in general, the answer is quite a bit.
I did try it out (see "maximum Number of DomUs" posting a few months
back) on a 16 GB Quad-Opteron, and was surprised hitting a limit
way before I used up all my memory, at about 107 DomUs. Xen has a
private heap of 16MB and each Domain needs some memory there, so
(possibly depending of what else is stored there) at about 100 DomUs
that's it.

Sure, not a real problem (there are few usefull szenarios in which
one would want 100 DomUs on one host), but worth mentioning IMHO...
Or did something change in this respect?

(:ul8er, r@y