Re: [Xen-devel] uint64_aligned_t not compatible across gccversions

To: Jan Beulich <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] uint64_aligned_t not compatible across gccversions
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:03:30 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 31 Aug 2006 11:03:45 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 31/8/06 7:41 am, "Jan Beulich" <jbeulich@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I like that, and would be willing to try to derive such a mechanism from
> the
> scripts I'm already having to deal with the public headers (once that
> larger
> piece of work is [mostly] done).

Okay, following your advice I'll get rid of the explicit alignment/size
stuff from domctl/sysctl. But it *would* still be nice to have the script
that prints field offsets/sizes -- for the originally stated purpose of
ensuring that we don't accidentally break ABI compatibility. If it isn't too
much hassle, it would be great if you could bend your scripts to that
purpose.

 Thanks,
 Keir