Re: [Xen-devel] Xen bug or sky2 device driver bug?

To: Jae-Wan Jang <jwjang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen bug or sky2 device driver bug?
From: Marco Gerards <mgerards@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 10:22:31 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 01:20:27 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Jae-Wan Jang <jwjang@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Hi,

> I'm using ASUS P5WD2-E Premium mother board.
> It has two Marvell Yukon II gigabit Ethernet and sky2 device driver is
> used for them.
>
> When domU receives lots of lots of packets (about 10Kb each),
> dom0 crashes.
> Unfortunately, my machine doesn't have serial port, I can't capture all
> the oops messages.
> Following is backtrace of the oops messages.

May I assume this is only when you are using it in gigabit mode?

This same bug is mentioned here:
http://www.scl.ameslab.gov/Projects/mini-xen/index.html

I have a MacBook with the Marvell Yukon II and I am using it as
100MBit only.  It works perfectly for me, although I tried hard to
reproduce this specific bug.

--
Marco