[Xen-devel] Re: xen tftpboot

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: xen tftpboot
From: Weikuan Yu <wyu@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 17:12:39 -0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 14:14:31 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Many thanks for all the help. I managed to boot with Ian's instruction on using mboot.c32.

mbootpack did not work for as it complains not able to find multiboot header. Guess that is a solved problem. I will just move ahead then.

Thanks again,
Weikuan

Marco Gerards wrote:
Weikuan Yu <wyu@xxxxxxxx> writes:

Anybody has experience doing tftpboot (pxeboot) of xen? I do not seem
to find any hints from googling.

You could use GRUB (although you have to compile it yourself to enable
networking.  Another option is using mbootpack so it works with every
bootloader.

--
Marco