Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Management API Draft, version 0.4

On Fri, 2006-07-07 at 14:22 +0100, Ewan Mellor wrote:
> I'm very happy to see such a comprehensive list.

I doubt that that list was anywhere close to being comprehensive.  I
think you need a lot more input from people who are actually using or
who want to use Xen.  There's likely to be a whole load of stuff to do
with fitting into existing infrastructure which will have a collection
of small impacts on the API.

> I agree totally that the introduction isn't rich enough to convey the whole
> context of where this API fits in the grand scheme of things, and I agree that
> it should.  It's just taking some time to get it down on paper, but don't
> worry, your comments are certainly being taken on board.

You shouldn't see this as a one-off effort.  You should look at it more
as a component of a process for maintaining the integrity of the
architecture over a period of time.

So, for example, the initial list of use-cases can be those supported
today, and the API can be today's API and the dynamic model can be
today's dynamic model.

Then additional use cases can be added incrementally and the dynamic
model adjusted and the API changed (with versioning) appropriately.

Harry.