Re: [Xen-devel] Xen Kernel (3.0.2) breaks b44 module

On 12 May 2006, at 19:27, Chris Wright wrote:

When we support more flexible allocation in Xen, we'll fix up the
swiotlb to automatically try to grab some lower memory and/or allow the
address mask for the physical memory in the swiotlb to be specified on
the kernel command line.

What's the plan here?  I've seen a few bug reports due to 28-bit device
limitations (sound cards).

Memory below 16MB isn't going to happen, at least on 32-bit Xen. It'd be easier on 64-bit Xen as we don't need separate notions of Xen heap and guest heap. We could support pretty much anything more than 24 bits though. It's just a case of making the Xen buddy allocator more flexible and keep separate buddy lists for different address widths. If we fix for things like b4400, we should be fixed for the crappy sound cards too.

 -- Keir