Re: Hypercall number assignment convension (was Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [PAT

On Mon, Apr 24, 2006 at 08:32:09AM +0100, Keir Fraser wrote:

> The list of __HYPERVISOR_* defines in public/xen.h in the main xen
> repository is the canonical place. For hypercalls in our tree, simply
> grabbing the next number in sequence usually makes sense. I'm not sure
> whether having structure to the hypercall numbers makes sense (e.g., a
> range for arch-specific usage) -- if so then maybe allocating from 64
> upwards would make sense.

Actually xen/ia64 requires only one hypercall number for now.
I attached the patches to take one.
I'm not sure what name you prefer, so I attached two patches.
Please apply which you prefer. (or invent whatever name you like.)

--
yamahata