Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] make cpufreq with speedstep-centrino work underX

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] [patch] make cpufreq with speedstep-centrino work underXen
From: Christian Krafft <parabelboi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 12:13:41 +0200
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 03:19:37 -0700
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:

On 17 Apr 2006, at 21:24, Ian Pratt wrote:

If someone could review the patch and bring it upsream (if
it's ok), it would be very nice.

Why not just update xen's MSR emulation code to handle this case? The
msr hypercall is pretty much a legacy thing.

Matt Yourst's most recent patch on the list does exactly that and you should base your patch on that.

 -- Keir

Hi Keir,

Just for completeness: the patch you are talking about is this, right ?
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2006-04/msg00484.html

I'm not that much into it (and new to this list, too). However, I'll try to reproduce this one for speedstep-centrino.

Btw, Is there an IRC channel where the devs are hanging around (if I need help) ? I could not find one except ##xen on freenode, which looks more user oriented.

cheers,
ck