Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3 dom0 eats memory

To: Patrick Scharrenberg <pittipatti@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen 3 dom0 eats memory
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 14:35:36 +0000
Cc: Xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 04 Jan 2006 14:34:58 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I changed the setup in the following way:
- added an ip address to the bridge (in another subnet (B))
- changed domU ip address to a net B address
- added masquerading for eth0 in the postrouting-chain in dom0

What iptables rules do you use to set this up? Is the gateway address for domU the net B address interface you add to the bridge?

It's worth trying 'ethtool -K eth0 tx off' in domU to turn off checksum offload, just in case that is causing problems.

 -- Keir

After that I pinged a host outside this machine.

Sending and receiving 100.000 pakets results to a
dom0-memory-consumption increasement of about 5 MB!

I have to restart this machine once a day for not running out of memory.

What can I do?

Patrick