[Xen-devel] cache for partition based VBD?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] cache for partition based VBD?
From: Tim Freeman <tfreeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 11:11:51 -0600
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:11:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For partition backed VBDs, is there still an effective cache in dom0?  The Linux
buffer cache will affect file based VBDs, but does the partition backed VBD get
around it?

I think that the Linux architecture puts the buffer cache in front of all block
device access, not at the VFS layer.  So does that answer the question?  The
dom0 disk backend driver sits "above" the buffer cache?  (sorry for my crude
understanding)

Thanks,
Tim