Re: [Xen-devel] USB virt 2.6 split driver patch series

On Monday 21 November 2005 09:01, harry wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-11-21 at 14:49 +0100, Vincent Hanquez wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 21, 2005 at 01:18:24PM +0000, harry wrote:
> > > o - I've reformatted all the code to the kernel coding style using
> > > Lindent and not attempted to improve it after that.  Some of the
> > > formatting needs to be improved.
> >
> > some ? this is totally _not_ linux kernel coding style.
> > please have a look at Documentation/CodingStyle and kill anonymous
> > inline functions (braces in middle of functions).
> >

> I have read  Documentation/CodingStyle quite carefully and there is no
> mention of using braces inside functions.  I'm used to using braces to
> define minimal scopes for local variables which makes the code easier to
> read by minimising the number of variables you need to keep track of
> when reading it and by declaring variables closer to where they are used
> so it is easier to verify that they have been correctly initialised.
>
> Is this really banned?

I thought braces defined code blocks, not internal functions.
Without a label the code can be invoked only inline.

Dave Feustel
> Harry.

Switch to Secure OpenBSD with a KDE desktop!!!
NOW with Virtual PC OS support via QEMU and
Beowulf clustering using PETSc and MPICH2!