[Xen-devel] Re: VMX status report Nov.18 changset 7870

To: kuiliang.shi@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: VMX status report Nov.18 changset 7870
From: Antti Louko <alo@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:06:55 +0200
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 15:53:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You reported running (quite successfully) Xen on VT platform.

I am sure many other people are also interested to have some
clarification.  So please answer to this list.

I am considering to purchase a new PC with all the gear needed for Xen
with Intel VT.  If we are not talking about Xeon processors, I need
Pentium 4 662 or 672.  In addition, according to Intel web pages
<URL:http://www.intel.com/products/processor_number/body_view_p4.htm>,
I also need a compatible BIOS.  Is this really so?  Basically, which
chipsets work with VT in 662 and 672?  I would like to use 955x or
925X as they both support ECC memory.

If you don't know the answer, please ask someone else as I can
imagagine asking normal support channels could produce useless,
inaccurate or plain incorrect answer.

Best regards,

        Antti Louko