[Xen-devel] Re: [Fwd: [Xen-changelog] Fix Jerone Young's xenstat / xenst

To: Daniel Stekloff <dsteklof@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Fwd: [Xen-changelog] Fix Jerone Young's xenstat / xenstore patch:]
From: Ewan Mellor <ewan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:13:03 +0100
Delivery-date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:10:14 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 09:04:55AM -0700, Daniel Stekloff wrote:

> Hi Ewan,
>
> Wouldn't it be better, instead of getting rid of the domid code in
> xentop.c, to make an option to view domain id that isn't on by default?
> Wouldn't it be useful to have access to domid? XM commands use domid and
> not names. Why have xentop only work with names?

I don't think there's any xm command that doesn't work with names -- every
command should be able to run either with a name or a dom ID.  That said, I
would have no problem with an option to xentop to show the ID rather than the
name, and if you wanted to submit a patch, then that would be great.

Cheers,

Ewan.