Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create guest domain AND mm.c/grant_table.c err

To: "Bonnell, David" <David_Bonnell@xxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Unable to create guest domain AND mm.c/grant_table.c errors
From: Jon Mason <jdmason@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 17:30:28 -0500
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:28:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been seeing the exact same problem (xen_blk timing out) for a
couple of weeks now.  I used mercurial to go back and find which patch
caused me to stop working (hg update -C <Node ID>).  Using this method,
I determined the patch to be causing the problem is "Move block device
bind/unbind into hotplug scripts" (e9d01c5dc7b4d6b7cda9ade0d137ddb89bb204cc),
which was dropped on 12 Sep 2005.

Since then many changes have been made to these same files, and I lack
the understanding to be able to fix the problem myself.  I'll be happy
to test any patches or help out in any other way.

Thanks,
Jon