Re: [Xen-devel] console problem

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] console problem
From: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 13:47:56 -0500
Cc: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Li Ge <lge@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 18:46:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Keir Fraser wrote:

On 6 Aug 2005, at 06:45, Li, Xin B wrote:

as you are rewriting consoled, how about renaming it (for ex,
to xenconsoled) ?

now we have xenblkd, xend, xenstored, so if all the xen-related
processes have xen as prefix (which is a good thing), we can see what
is running by just one command "ps|grep xen" :-)

I'm considerign renaming to xenconsd and xencons (instead of consoled and xc_console). The rename is probably best done directly on our repository, rather than waiting for a trivial but noisy patch.

Would be nice to make it xenconsoled and xenconsole. It's just three extra letters and it makes what they are significantly more obvious.

Regards,

Anthony Liguori

Any dissent? :-)

 -- Keir