Re: [Xen-devel] console problem

To: Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] console problem
From: aq <aquynh@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2005 14:37:41 +0900
Cc: "Li, Xin B" <xin.b.li@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Stefan Berger <stefanb@xxxxxxxxxx>, David F Barrera <dfbp@xxxxxxxxxx>, Li Ge <lge@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Aug 2005 05:36:04 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 8/6/05, Anthony Liguori <aliguori@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Yes, I'm aware of this.  The problem is that we've never had a good
> dependency system for the daemons we started.  The extra daemon has made
> the problem much worse and now we're seeing timing issues.
>
> You can work around the problem by manually starting consoled (you may
> have to restart xenstored too).  Under the right circumstances, xend
> restart will loop because xenstored gets itself hosed.
>
> I'm reworking a lot of this code right now to make it more robust and
> solve the problem completely.  Just hang in there a bit :-)

as you are rewriting consoled, how about renaming it (for ex, to xenconsoled) ?

now we have xenblkd, xend, xenstored, so if all the xen-related
processes have xen as prefix (which is a good thing), we can see what
is running by just one command "ps|grep xen" :-)

regards,
aq