[Xen-devel] question on balloon driver

To: Xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] question on balloon driver
From: Jonas Appel <jonas.appel@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:46:10 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 06:44:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm trying to get into the internals of xen and especially the balloon
driver. During the time I dealt with that, several questions came up:

* Does (and if yes, how) the balloon driver in an guest OS have to be
activated?

* Does the automatic release of memory from a guest OS to Xen already
work?

* Is the limit of 100 Guest OSs (as mentioned on
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xen_%28virtual_machine_monitor%29 ) really
hardcoded somewhere or is it more a practical value (or does the limit
not exist)?

Thanks in advance & regards,

Jonas Appel