Re: [Xen-devel] VMX device models not getting created anymore?

Arun Sharma wrote:

That seems to be the problem. If I add some logging, I see:

[2005-06-17 12:06:07 xend] INFO (channel:32) created event channel: <EventChannel dom1:0:19 dom2:5:2> [2005-06-17 12:06:07 xend] INFO (channel:32) created event channel: <EventChannel dom1:0:20 dom2:5:3>
[..]

Things get more interesting, because self.device_channel['port1'] for the second channel returns 19 instead of 20.

This statement is not true. I got confused because the only the first event channel shows up in xm list --long.

The real issue is the hard coding in:

xen/include/public/io/ioreq.h:

#define IOPACKET_PORT   2

This was true before your changes went in. After your changes, xen started sending IOPACKET events on:

<EventChannel dom1:0:19 dom2:5:2>

but the user space device models were listening on:

<EventChannel dom1:0:20 dom2:5:3>

However, if I subtract -1, everything magically works :)

I think the quick fix is to redefine IOPACKET_PORT to be 3. Will send a patch to remove the hard coding ASAP.

        -Arun