Re: [Xen-devel] Local apic support

To: natasha@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Local apic support
From: Patrick Scharrenberg <pittipatti@xxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 19:38:40 +0200
Cc: Ian Pratt <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 17 Apr 2005 17:37:27 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Natasha Jarymowycz schrieb:

>> Try Natasha Jarymowycz's patch from a few weeks back to upgrade the
>> localapic support.
>>
>> We want to get this patch applied, but felt it needed a little more work
>> first.
>
> Is there something more that needs to be done to it?

For me the patch seems to work.
The system boots correctly and is now working for hours.

But unfortunately it doesn't make any changes to my problem.

> I think it just doesn't properly determine processor types because it
> doesn't
> associate the information it gets from the cpu with the appropriate
> strings.
> From what I can tell it is insignificant.
>
> If the patch doesn't help, can you explain in more detail exactly what
> the
> problem you're experiencing is?

So, okay. The big problem is that my two isdn-cards are only working in
dom-0.
When I hide them from dom-0 and create a driver-domain the drivers load
correctly
but the cards are not working.

In dom-0 my testapplication (which just calls a telephone) works and a
phone is ringing.
when starting in the driver-domain, the programm starts, no phone is
ringing and after a few seconds
a timeout ends the app.

I think it might be an irq-related problem. I found that all my
pci-devices share irq 5 and 11
under xen and that there I only have 15 IRQs (see 1st post). Starting
Linux natively there are
much more IRQ used. So I thought it might have something to do with
apic-initialisation.
Even after applying your patch I only see the first 15 IRQs.

I can supply you with debug-information if you like/need.

Patrick