[Xen-devel] how to build extra modules

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] how to build extra modules
From: Xen User <xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 12:00:55 -0800
Delivery-date: Wed, 23 Mar 2005 16:44:47 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

I've been lurking on this list since 1.0 days and must say I'm absolutely stunned by the quality of work produced by this project's participants. Bravo a tutti!

I'm running FC3 and building from source xen-2.0.bk. My FC3 setup uses raid0 and lvm and the scsi/aic7xxx driver. Everything makes and installs without complaint.

However, when I try to "mkinitrd initrd-2.6.10-xen0.img 2.6.10-xen0" it aborts with missing module errors: aic7xxx, raid0. I also need the net/sunrpc modules for nfs.

I feel dumber than a rock here <apologies to='rocks' /> but could somebody explain to me what steps are necessary to include these in my build? I see the modules in the various linux trees, I just don't know how to tell the build process that I want them.

If this is not appropriate for the list, and anybody is willing, off list replies are more than welcome.

TIA,
Mike Wright