Re: [Xen-devel] Can't boot 2.0.5 binaries

On Mar 17, 2005, at 1:17 PM, Ian Pratt wrote:

Hopefully somebody who has dealt with this issue before
will give you
some more useful info, but in the interim I put the stock 2.0.5 dom0
kernel on one of my test machines and booted it so I could get the
dmesg for you. Sorry the hardware isn't more similar.

Thanks, this helps.  It looks like the next few lines are "Limiting
direct PCI/PCI transfers" and then keyboard setup.  That at
least gives
me someplace to start debugging.  Thanks.

One thing you might want to try is to see if there's a BIOS update for
your motherboard.

Within a couple of weeks we should have some new platform init code in
the unstable.bk tree, which I hope might fix some of the corner cases we
currently experience on some platforms.

Okay, I'll try looking for BIOS updates; I'm not in front of the machine right now, but dmidecode suggests that it's running the most recent release from the vendor's website. There's some suggestion online that there's a newer beta release somewhere; I'll see if I can track that down.

Also, it appears that I'm seeing APIC problems with stand-alone Linux on this box--the clock is running at 2x real time. When I get home, I'll try booting Xen with the APIC disabled and see if it makes any difference.

Scott