Re: [Xen-devel] Reproducible system crash

On 17 Mar 2005, at 12:33, Peter Joanes wrote:

On Wednesday 16 March 2005 18:55, Keir wrote:
... Here's a slightly harder thing to try:

1. Edit linux/include/asm-xen/asm-i386/pgtable-2level.h, and change
set_pte_batched() to use xen_l1_pgentry_update rather than
queue_l1_pgentry_update. Also, kill current definition of set_pte() and
redefine it to the same as the new set_pte_batched().
s/pgentry/entry/ in the above? -- That's what I've used

Yes.

2. Edit xen/arch/x86/memory.c, at the test that fails for you ('Bad L1
type'). In the error path, before returning 0, add:
     extern void show_guest_stack(void);
     show_guest_stack();
I left out the definition, it was somewhere else.

Okay.

The kernel is still using writable pagetables however (you can tell because of the 'could not re-validate L1 page' error message). Perhaps you ran the wrong kernel, or didn't redefine set_pte() correctly in the right place?

 -- Keir