[Xen-devel] frontend and backend

To: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] frontend and backend
From: Zhiyi Huang <zhiyi6@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2005 0:46:35 +1300
Delivery-date: Fri, 04 Mar 2005 12:59:00 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I am reading frontend and backend block drivers. I find the frontend and
the backend are matched magicly by xend. Is there any way for the frontend to
choose a backend by itself? I am trying to provide a new pair of frontend and
backend drivers. How can I let xend know they should match each other? I can
assign them a different pair of IDs in domain_controller.h, of course.

Another question is about the function virt_to_machine. Does it convert linear
address to machine address? Is the machine address here the same as physical
memory address? If not, when a page is used as a shared ring, why the machine
address is sent, instead of the physical address?