Re: [Xen-devel] Error initializing xen_net

On Wed, 2005-03-02 at 18:52 -0600, Anthony Liguori wrote:
> This sounds like either xcs or xend is becoming unresponsive.
>
> I've only seen this error occur when the NETIF messages aren't being
> delivered correctly.
>
> If you can reproduce this, it would be very useful to have the output of
> xcsdump.  It'll be large so feel free to send it to me off list or post
> it somewhere.

To answer everything at once:

1) Yes the tools are synced with the version of Xen.  I always keep them
together.
2) I tried to look into 'how' to run xcsdump... figured it was a binary,
but I can't find it.  How do I go about getting its output?
3) Just to throw in... i've still having the xend not restarting problem
as previously reported by anothers on this list.  It will start once on
boot, then if I stop it and try to start it xfrd will start, but xend
will not.  xend.log and xend-debug.log does not show any info.
4) As far as oddities in xend-debug.log .. not sure if these are or not,
but looked interesting.

---

vif-route down vif=vif15.0 domain=jtb mac=aa:00:00:2a:2b:56 bridge=xen-
br0
RTNETLINK answers: No such process
VIRTUAL MEMORY ARRANGEMENT:
 Loaded kernel: c0100000->c04bdf84
 Init. ramdisk: c04be000->c04be000
 Phys-Mach map: c04be000->c04de000
 Page tables:   c04de000->c04e1000
 Start info:    c04e1000->c04e2000
 Boot stack:    c04e2000->c04e3000
 TOTAL:         c0000000->c0800000
 ENTRY ADDRESS: c0100000
vif-route up vif=vif56.0 domain=jtb mac=aa:00:00:71:eb:a0 bridge=xen-br0
RTNETLINK answers: No such process
recv_fe_driver_status> {'status': 1}

recv_fe_driver_status>

recv_fe_interface_connect {'tx_shmem_frame': 300741, 'rx_shmem_frame':
300740, 'handle': 0}
{}
{}
{}
VirqClient.virqReceived> 4

---

No timestamps in xend-debug.log so it's really hard to figure out what
was what.  Network card is an E1000.