[Xen-devel] can dom0 use a virtual interface ( vif0.0 ? ) instead of a p

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] can dom0 use a virtual interface ( vif0.0 ? ) instead of a physical one?
From: David Prüm <pruem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 20:23:09 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:24:30 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

At first i want to thank you for your work on such a wonderful piece of
software. If can get my setup running as planned it will help me to use my
hardware ressources in a much more efficient way.

I'm a xen newbie an trying to setup following environment:

xen-2.0.4 compiled from source
hardware: 2 PIV 3GHz Processors, 1GB RAM, 2 NICs
Dom0: Debian Sarge kernel 2.6.10 on xen-br0
Dom1: the same on xen-br0
Dom2: the same on xen-br1

eth0: on xen-br0
eth1: on xen-br1

Question: can I setup the network in dom0 on a virtual interface instead of
the bridge device or the physical device? I'm asking this because I want to
set up iptables to protect each host by itself. I tried to set up some rules
in dom0 while using the xen-br0 as the interface but if i do so the guest
dom1 looses network connectivity. Perhaps i have overseen something so any
hint would be highly appreciated.

Regards

David Prüm

--