RE: [Xen-devel] Is networking working in unstable?

To: "Jacob Gorm Hansen" <jacobg@xxxxxxx>, "xen-devel" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Is networking working in unstable?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:55:04 -0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 29 Jan 2005 06:59:39 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I have been trying to get the latest unstable Xen running,
> and while I
> am able to create domains (from a handrolled initrd) and log
> in on the
> console, I can't seem to get them on the network, no matter if I
> specifify ip & netmask in the config-file, or in 'ifconfig eth0 ...'
> inside the new domain.
>
> As a side effect of creating my first domain, dom0 loses network
> connectivity as well.

Are you sure its not a side effect of starting xend and hence executing
the /etc/xen/network script?

This creates the bridge and attempts to transfer IP addressses from eth0
over to the bridge. I've seen it screw up on machines with ipv6
addresses in addition to the normal ipv4, but Rik recently sent a patch
for this, so it should work.

Ian