Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on any linux

To: Chris Schmidt <chris@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Xen on any linux
From: Jan Kundrát <jan.kundrat@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2005 00:02:12 +0100
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 23:03:25 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Chris Schmidt wrote:
I am not sure that I understand the requirements for Xen. I have a system running an older version of United Linux by SCO and using Tarantella 3.34 and Samba on it. I was wondering if I could install Xen on it, and still keep all my United Linux apps working, and the Tarantella Server and Samba etc. Or would I need to install a supported linux distro, the reinstall my United Linux on it?

IF you want to use your existing instalation as non-privileged domain, you can, but you'll have to use Xen-patched kernel instead of your current one.

-jkt

--
cd /local/pub && more beer > /dev/mouth