[Xen-devel] RE: Booting Xen/ia64

To: Håvard Bjerke <havarbj@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] RE: Booting Xen/ia64
From: "Magenheimer, Dan (HP Labs Fort Collins)" <dan.magenheimer@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 18:29:18 -0800
Cc: <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <andreas.hirstius@xxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 02:30:37 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just to rule out compiler/build differences, I posted the
actual bits I am using successfully on an rx2600 on
the ftp site, called xenlinux.good and xen.good.  (Rename
or add a new entry in elilo.conf).  For me, these bits spew
plenty of early output to the serial port but nothing
to the VGA after elilo until Xenlinux starts booting,
after which Xenlinux (domain0) boots all the way to the RedHat
login screen.

Also, I am using Serial A (top serial port).  I seem
to recall some traffic on linux-ia64 that Serial A
and Serial B are mapped to ttyS0 and ttyS1 somewhat
dynamically so it may be possible that Linux (and elilo)
are talking to a different port than Xen.

Dan