Re: [Xen-devel] xen 2.0.1, 2.4.27, 2.6.9, non-bridge

On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Adam Heath wrote:

> On Sat, 1 Jan 2005, Adam Heath wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004, Adam Heath wrote:
> >
> > > However, with *both* 2.4.27 *and* 2.6.9, I am getting kernel panics.  I
> > > have
> > > not run the oops on 2.4 thru ksymoops.  The built in oops decode logic in
> > > 2.6.9 shows a null pointer in the arp_send routine.
> >
> > Attached you'll find the oops and ksymoops output for a 2.4 dom0 kernel.
> >
> > The oops for 2.6 is very similiar.
> >
> > I have to enable *both* proxy_arp and ip_forward for this to happen.  If I
> > only enable ip_forward, then gateway route the ip of xenU, the pings enter
> > vifX.X(as shown by tcpdump), but they don't return, as dom0 is not arping
> > the
> > machine doing the ping.

Hrm.  If I turn on proxy_arp for all interfaces, I get this error.  If I turn
it on only for eth0, then in vif-bridge(the name of which I haven't changed)
turn it on for vifX.X, then this system works for me.

I can now nfsroot a xen0 and xenU kernel, without using bridging.

I still think there is a bug tho.  Something is not setting dev->priv.