RE: [Xen-devel] Re: VIF Interfaces not transparent to all ethernet proto

To: "Armin Kemper" <Armin.Kemper@xxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] Re: VIF Interfaces not transparent to all ethernet protocols?
From: "Ian Pratt" <m+Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:28:09 -0000
Delivery-date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 08:53:54 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> eth0 is the interface I used for connecting to the lan, I can
> see packets passing, if I do that.
> If I do 'tcpdump -i eth1' I can see the PPPoE packets inside
> domain 1, too.
> If I put an IP address on that interface in domain 1 and ping
> something on that subnet, I see exactly the same output on
> tcpdump -i eth1    in domain 1
> and
> tcpdump -i vif1.1  in domain 0
> but not for PPPoE traffic FROM domain 1, the other direction
> works fine.

This does point toward either the netfront/back dropping the traffic,
but it's rather unlikely that this would happen without one of the
error/drop counters being bumped.

Perhaps the easiest way of tracking this down would be to add some
tracing to the receive interrupt of netback. printk a "*" whenever a
packet is received and see if it gets that far. If not, add something to
the start_xmit function in netfront.

Ian