Re: [Xen-devel] Xen and Openbsd

On Monday 08 November 2004 06:27 am, Janne Johansson wrote:
> Mark A. Williamson wrote:
> > The xen-devel mailing list gives support to OS porters whenever required.
>
> I didn't mean to imply that you wouldn't give support, I tried to shortly
> state that it's usually not enough to say "Hey, this OS would be cool to
> have under xen, will you port it for me?".
>
> I can see how it came out in a way that could be interpreted as if I said
> you wouldn't help porters. Sorry for that.

I understood what your point was and I didn't take any offense.
I would use Xen ALL the time if it ran with Openbsd, and I will help
in any way that I can to make that happen. I have been a low-level programmer
(ie mostly (8086) assembly level for my entire programming career (~30 years)
but now I am getting old and out-of-touch with current programming paradigms, so
I am not sure just how much I could realistically contribute to the project.
But the spirit is willing! :-) I *have* just started a project that has first
priority
until it is finished (I am getting paid for it), but, as I said, I am really
interested in
Xen since it is so close to my core interests. Mike Adler and I wrote a
simulator for the
CDC 6600 peripheral processor cluster back in 1969 when we worked for CDC
at Arden Hills, Minnesota.

Dave Feustel