Re: [Xen-devel] xen Makefile being nasty with EXTRAVERSION

To: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] xen Makefile being nasty with EXTRAVERSION
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:20:52 +0100
Delivery-date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 19:44:10 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In fact, at least for the 2.6 tree, isn't creating a self-contained
diff as simple as something like:
 tar xzf linux-2.6.8.1.tar.gz
 cp -a linux-2.6.8.1 linux-2.6.8.1-xen
 cd linux-2.6.8.1-xen-sparse
 for i in `find . -type f | grep -v SCCS` ; do \
     cp $i ../linux-2.6.8.1-xen/$i ; done
 cd ..
 rm -f linux-2.6.8.1-xen/mkbuildtree
 cp -a xen/include/hypervisor-ifs linux-2.6.8.1-xen/include/asm-xen
 diff -urP linux-2.6.8.1 linux-2.6.8.1-xen >linux-2.6.8.1-xen-patch

? :-)

 -- Keir