From: James Harper <jamesh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:14:39 +1000
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] ANOUNCEMENT: Debian packages for xen built on
        2004-08-19 bk source
To: brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian Pratt <ian.pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I tried a combination 'iSCSI Enterprise Target'
(http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/) (v0.2.6  but i think
0.3.0 is out now) + 'Linux-iSCSI Project'
(http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.net/). Unfortunately, after finally
getting network booting working I found I was getting massive and
almost immediate filesystem corruption. Both are running under xen
which places a rather large number of variables into the equation, so
I have no idea what is causing what.

I'm now battling with unh-iscsi (http://unh-iscsi.sourceforge.net/)
which provides a target and an initiator, but looks like it needs a
bit of hand holding to get running (changes to .h files to modify
config, no init scripts, clumsy admin tools). It does support linux
2.6 though.

If I can get it working, i'll be trying the Linux-iSCSI initiator
against the unh-iscsi target tonight.

James