RE: [Xen-devel] ANOUNCEMENT: Debian packages for xen built on 2004-08-19

To: <brianw@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] ANOUNCEMENT: Debian packages for xen built on 2004-08-19 bk source
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 21:14:39 +1000
Cc: Rik van Riel <riel@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 12:27:58 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I tried a combination 'iSCSI Enterprise Target' (http://sourceforge.net/projects/iscsitarget/) (v0.2.6  but i think 0.3.0 is out now) + 'Linux-iSCSI Project' (http://linux-iscsi.sourceforge.net/). Unfortunately, after finally getting network booting working I found I was getting massive and almost immediate filesystem corruption. Both are running under xen which places a rather large number of variables into the equation, so I have no idea what is causing what.

I'm now battling with unh-iscsi (http://unh-iscsi.sourceforge.net/) which provides a target and an initiator, but looks like it needs a bit of hand holding to get running (changes to .h files to modify config, no init scripts, clumsy admin tools). It does support linux 2.6 though.

If I can get it working, i'll be trying the Linux-iSCSI initiator against the unh-iscsi target tonight.

James