RE: [Xen-devel] iscsi patch

To: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-devel] iscsi patch
From: James Harper <JamesH@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 11:28:03 +1000
Cc: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 02:34:50 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
actually, to make it for xenU from xen0 (no compiler tools in xenU on my setup), i have to also replace all occurances 'uname -r' with something that gives me '2.6.7-xenU' (eg echo 2.6.7-xenU) in both the makefile and install.sh files. it's a bit of a pain.

the initrd comment is true though, unless iscsi (built in to the kernel) could be convinced to connect via a kernel parameter... that seems a bit extreme though when an initrd would solve the problem nicely.

as for patches, would a patch.d directory be out of the question? something that the makefile could call via run-parts after extracting each source tree? It could pass the name of the source tree as a parameter. The patch.d directory would contain scripts that actually apply the patches.

James