[Xen-devel] Dom1 always does DHCP requests and vmid increasing

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Dom1 always does DHCP requests and vmid increasing
From: Mike Brady <mike.brady@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:50:36 +1200
Delivery-date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 10:55:56 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've been lurking on the list for a while, but I haven't tried Xen out until a
few days ago.  I have things working in general, but can't figure out a
couple of things.

Firstly, domains other than domain 0 always do a DHCP request, no mater what
is configured.  If I have a static address configured in the OS rc scripts
the DHCP address is assigned as the primary and the static address is the
secondary.

Secondly the vmid always +1 what ever the last vmid was no matter what the
vmid is set to for the xm create command.

The configuration for domain is below.  I have used RH9 for the OS  and Xen is
up to date from bitkeeper (as of 27 July 0800 UTC).

(domain
    (id 1)
    (name enterprise1)
    (memory 63)
    (state -b---)
    (cpu 0)
    (cpu_time 10.135407179)
    (up_time 263.418766022)
    (start_time 1090921172.3)
    (console
        (status connected)
        (id 12)
        (domain 1)
        (local_port 12)
        (remote_port 1)
        (console_port 9601)
        (connected 127.0.0.1 1033)
    )
    (config
        (vm
            (name enterprise1)
            (memory 64)
            (cpu -1)
            (image
                (linux
                    (kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.4.26-xenU)
                    (ip :1.2.3.4::::eth0:off)
                    (root '/dev/sda2 ro')
                )
            )
            (device (vbd (uname phy:hde5) (dev sda1) (mode w)))
            (device (vbd (uname phy:hde6) (dev sda2) (mode w)))
            (device (vif (mac aa:00:00:00:00:11) (bridge xen-br0)))
        )
    )
)

Any pointers on either of these would appreciated.

Regards

Mike Brady
Auckland
New Zealand