[Xen-devel] Grub & boot problems with Xen

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Grub & boot problems with Xen
From: Rune Johan Andresen <runejoha@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 18:12:50 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:15:08 +0100
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi, I am in the beginning stage of Xen and am trying to install on a Red Hat 7.x distribution (Yes, very old but I need it to function on this dinosaur, if possible!) I am now following the CD DOCUMENTATION and copied the xen.gz & xenolinux.gz to the /boot folder. (the bootloader IS grub).

When i reboot with xen (and not redhat) i get a errormessage:

Can't find file image.gz

The grub.conf looks like this:

default=0
timeout=10
splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xmp.gz

title Xen / Xenlinux 2.4.22
        root(hd0,0)
        kernel /boot/image.gz dom0_mem=131072 ser_baud=115200 noht
        module /boot/xenolinux.gz root=/dev/sda4 no console=tty0

another DOCUMENT from Xen also used xen.gz instead for image.gz. Why is that? Need some warm up here.

Thanks for all help!!!

Regards
Rune