Re: [Xen-devel] booting new domains

To: "victor" <victor@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] booting new domains
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:04:35 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 16:07:44 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> I'm a very beginner in xen.
> I do xenctl script -f/etc/xen-mynewdom and
> xi_start 5.
> xen_mynewdom is copied from the XEN cd and contains:
> domain new
> physical grant -pcdrom_link
> domain start

The Linux image is failing to mount its root file system. You've
told it to use a ram disk as a root partition, but I suspect that
you haven't actually given it an initrd image. (You could use the
one off the CD_

I'm afraid you're going to need to say more about what you're
trying to achieve.  What are you intending to use as a root file
system for this new domain? (a disk partition, NFS or a ram disk)
What's your /etc/xenctl.xml?

Thanks,
Ian