xen-cim

RE: [Xen-cim] Re: Various implementation questions

To: "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-cim] Re: Various implementation questions
From: Gareth S Bestor <bestorga@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:17:23 -0700
Cc: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:17:35 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

depends... :-)

I already have a workaround (in our IBM internal provider version) for Pegasus to make Associators work, but if the original commented-out code works fine for OpenWBEM (and sfcb?) then I'm tempted not to put in the patch until we get a better idea of if/when this will be fixed in OpenPegasus. How about give your patch a go - ie re-enable the commented-out code - and if it works fine, maybe I'll add my Pegasus workaround later via a conditional compile. Like I said, the commented code ***should*** work but it was causing Pegasus to die horribly, so I commented it out (and didnt come up with a woekaround till after we'd Open Sourced our IBM internal providers).

- Gareth

Inactive hide details for "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>"Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>

          "Subrahmanian, Raj" <raj.subrahmanian@xxxxxxxxxx>
          Sent by: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

          07/17/06 01:48 PM

Gareth S Bestor/Beaverton/IBM@IBMUS

cc

xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject

RE: [Xen-cim] Re: Various implementation questions

Gareth
I was going through the association providers to clean them up.
I noticed that in the Associators function does not do a
CMReturnInstance call. I remember you said that it was an issue with the
Pegausus CIMOM.
Has this been fixed?
In other words, can I just uncomment the lines, or shall I put in a
conditional compile?
I have attached the code snippet.
Thanks
Raj

<From XenHostedMemory.c, function Associators() Line 245>
// BUG - returning data causes crash !?!
_SBLIM_TRACE(2, ("--- data.value.inst=\"%s\"",
CMGetCharPtr(CDToString(_BROKER, data.value.inst, NULL))));
//         if (strcmp(sourcename, resultname) == 0)
CMReturnInstance(results, data.value.inst);
     }