xen-cim

[Xen-cim] RecordedSettings questions

To: <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] RecordedSettings questions
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 14:43:28 -0400
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Jul 2006 11:43:41 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello -

I have been thinking about the whole RecordedSetting approach and came up with the following.  I think there should be 4 additional associations: XenDiskSettingRecordedSetting, XenNetworkPortRecordedSetting, XenMemoryRecordedSetting, and XenComputerSystemRecordedSetting.

This is what I believe is the mof file for XenDiskSettingRecordedSetting

// *******************************************************************
// Associations
// *******************************************************************

// ==================================================================
// Xen_DiskSettingDataRecodedSetting
// ==================================================================
[Association,
 Provider ("cmpi:Xen_DiskSettingDataRecodedSetting"),
 Description (
        "A class derived from CIM_RecordedSettings to represent "
        "the association of a current and/or recorded Xen_Disk setting of "
        "a virtualized disk device in a Xen domain.

class Xen_DiskSettingDataRecodedSetting : CIM_RecordedSetting
{
   [Override("CurrentSetting")]
   Xen_DiskSettingData REF CurrentSetting;

   [Override("RecordedSetting")]
   Xen_DiskSettingData REF RecordedSetting;
};

I believe the accompanying C file would be similar to the Xen_HostedDisk.c file.

This same pattern could be applied to the other Xen_*RecordedSetting files.

Jim mentioned something on the call about the shim having to be tweaked so it exposes the RecordedSetting stuff.  Can you point me to where that is?

What are your thoughts here?  What else needs to be done?

Thanks,
Luke