xen-cim

[Xen-cim] Suggested SettingsData changes

To: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-cim] Suggested SettingsData changes
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 16:02:37 -0600
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 May 2006 15:02:57 -0700
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,

I have finally gotten around to updating the various SettingsData classes in the current model with their latest counterparts from the DMTF WG. Here is what I am considering thus far.

Remove classes
* Xen_ComputerSystemConfiguration
* Xen_ComputerSystemSetting
* Xen_SettingForComputerSystem
* Xen_ConfigurationForComputerSystem
* Xen_VirtualDeviceSettingData

Modify classes
* Xen_ComputerSystemSettingData
  - Inherit from CIM_VirutalSystemSettingData
  - Move ID, SSID, and Uptime from Xen_ComputerSystemSetting to this class
* Xen_CSSettingDataComponent
  - Inherit from CIM_VirutalSystemSettingDataComponent
* Xen_ProcessorSettingData
  - Inherit from CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData
* Xen_MemorySettingData
  - Inherit from CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData
* Xen_DiskSettingData
  - Inherit from CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData
* Xen_NetworkPortSettingData
  - Inherit from CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData
* Xen_CSSettingDataComponent
  - Inherit from CIM_VirtualSystemSettingDataComponent

Xen_VirtualDeviceSettingData contains a subset of properties found in CIM_ResourceAllocationSettingData so removing it should be no problem.

Regarding the public availability of DMTF WG mofs, I think we should inherit directly from the mofs and for the time just doc it in the project - perhaps with a link to the mofs enabling DMTF members to access them. Non-members will not be able to use the providers until DMTF has resolved the issue.

I will begin making these changes to the mofs and affected implementation classes. Please let me know if there are any objections.

Regards,
Jim