Now I'm in a quandary?
We are pushing out a new infrastructure with 6 hosts and a san next month. We have been working with xcp but decided to drop it because of vdi lock up issues. We tested power outages with our xcp host and iscsi san and weren't happy with the results i.e the locked vdi issue.
So we have moved over to Debian 6 with xen 4 and begun testing. We plan to have a crack at setting up clvm later in the week to test live migrations and our iscsi san.
Then I get your email saying that vdi lockups have been addressed in XCP 1.0 and I'm wondering what the best way forward is?
I know there's not a right answer but if anyone had any thoughts on what is the best path I would appreciate them.
On Mon, Feb 14, 2011 at 5:27 PM, Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
I think that's very unlikely at this stage. I don't think we've actually got any IB hardware, so we'd have a job testing it. If you have the hardware and the time to test it, it might be something that could go into the next release though?