Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] New to Xen
From: Niels Dettenbach <nd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 20:20:14 +0100
Delivery-date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 11:21:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Am Mittwoch, 9. November 2011, 10:59:35 schrieb admin@xxxxxxx:
> If you read your own  advice you can see that one finger points to me and 4
> points back to you. You will not darken the steps at AEI and MPI where I am
> involved.

Ok,
will try to point out the last time:

1.) avoid TOFU...

2.) avoid to affront or discredit others - especially in personality - here
(as on other lists etc.)

3.) rtfm before (!) ask to an large audience like this - this is quasi
obligatory to all of "us" as others

4.) i answered your questions as usual - XCP or commercial Xen is very
suitable for newbies. There are many (!!!) official and third party mini
howtos and quick start guides around how to start and work with xen - just use
a search engine or take looks at the official Xen website.

> I said I am new to Xen, have extensive Linux experience but is pressed for
time

5.) If you have "no time" nor interest nor whatever ressources to read even
such basic docs you have to rely on somekind of commercial support as usual,
especially if you mean your personal time is much more worth then time of the
others here. As typical for OSS products on such a system level you must have
a minimum level knowledge / experience with Xen if you want to use it on a
professional level, there is no way around.

6.) As an "experienced Linux expert" it should nearly equal which linux distro
do you use for your Dom0 as the concept is widely the same.

Im very suspected to your mental hypersensibility - as an OSS expert you
should be familiar with the rules on mailing lists and even aware the flames
people recieve (btw: "rtfm" is not more then a "soft flame") if they did not
their part of the job nor the netiquette.

just my two cents...

anyhow,
good luck and cheers,

Niels.