From: Teck Choon Giam [mailto:giamteckchoon@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: 05 October 2011 21:16
To: Ian Tobin
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] compiling kernel in Centos Domu

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 3:23 AM, Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> The kernel config is standard except for enabling  highmem 64Gb so I
> can enable paravirtualisation, select all xen options.  Then in
> drivers set all XEN related options as static in kernel.  I didn't
> touch anything else.
>
> This same setup works fine on Debian DomU and I don't get this problem
> about modules missing when creating the initrd, only seems to happen
> on CentOS

Is your standard kernel config. modified from Debian?  If so, I will suggest
that you use CentOS 5 kernel-xen config as base and modified from there to see
whether are you able to reproduce the problem?

One important thing is due to udev version in CentOS 5, I think you will need
to set/enable CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED and CONFIG_SYSFS_DEPRECATED_V2.

BTW, just curious what is your /etc/fstab looks like as the following make me
curious... ...

Looking for driver for device hda1
Looking for driver for device hda2

Hope this helps!